I wrote about lusting after this cream in my skincare wish list way back in September 2013. Well 2 years later I took the plunge.
This is part of my investment skincare series ( see here and here and more to come!). I got this in duty free in Cyprus and it was about £56 (I think usually about £70).
This is meant to be for the weekends only as it is an exfoliating moisturiser. The cream contains May Rose water, combined with a high-tolerance glycolic acid. The cream itself is very light but moisturises really well so I didn’t feel like I needed anything more.
I have to say that unfortunately my skin did not like this cream at all. I think the glycolic acid just made me break out. Having tried it at least four times across a number of months it just keeps causing breakouts which I obviously don’t want! So I am sad to report that this investment purchase was a fail – oh well at least now I know!!
I dont often write about things I haven’t tried out but there are a few skincare products that I am dying to try but either cant afford or haven’t got round to buying yet so here they are!
1. Chanel Resynchronizing Skincare – Le Jour, La Nuit, Le Weekend – Reactivate, Recharge, Renew. (about £70 each available in Selfridges). Oh what I wouldn’t give for these three beauties on my dressing table! GENIUS marketing, understated, chic and just plain clever!! One day….
2. Charlotte Tilbury – two things – first the Charlotte’s Magic Cream (£70 also available at Selfridges). Everyone knows the amazing makeup artist behind this newly launched label, and everyone knows about her “secret” magic cream. Here it is for everyone to enjoy the benefits of twenty years of skincare wisdom…sigh.
3. Second the Multi Miracle Glow – a cleanser, overnight face mask and a dry skin balm all in one (£45.00). Sounds amazing!
4. Aurelia Probiotic Skincare – Miracle Cleanser (£34 also available at Liberty). This is much more affordable but given I have about 5 cream cleansers currently in use in my bathroom I am waiting for the right moment to purchase this! Aurelia products have been attracting lots of attention recently. This cream cleanser has Eucalyptus, Chamomile, Rosemary and Bergamot in it which to me is elixir! Can’t wait to try this.
5. Estee Lauder – Advanced Night Repair Synchronised Recovery Complex II (£44-65). Recently relaunched and improved version of cult classic. I have used the original and loved it so dying to get my paws on this one. I have tried a tiny sample and it is a much nicer texture than the old version.